18.9. Team Finland USA Road Show, Rovaniemi
syyskuu 18 @ 08:30 - 11:45Ilmainen
INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS SEMINAR ON U.S. MARKET
Venue: Hotel Santa Claus, Korkalonkatu 29, Rovaniemi
To whom: For companies in Lapland region, that are doing international business and for companies, that are starting international business.
What: Information about the business potential presented by the U.S. market, how to enter successfully to the market and how to be best prepared. In the seminar, the local companies will tell about their experiences in U.S. The Road Show will also celebrate the centenary of the formal relations between Finland and the United States in 2019. Language of the event will be English.
8:30 Registration, coffee and networking
Coffee will be available during the whole event.
Moderator of the event is Ms. Elsi Malkki, Vice President, Lapland Chamber of Commerce
9:00−9:05 Opening remarks: Finland – U.S. trade relations
U.S. Embassy in Finland
9:05-9:10 Opening remarks: Finland – U.S. trade relations
Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland
9:10−9:30 How to be prepared to enter the United States’ markets
Tomi Rauste, Senior Director, Customer Experience, Business Finland
9:30−9:50 Partner in the United States, Expand Globally
Aaron Held, Senior Commercial Officer, U.S. Embassy Helsinki
9:50−10:10 Visas and work permits for business purposes
Jeremy R. Wisemiller, Consul or Matthew D. Winslow, Vice Consul, U.S. Embassy Helsinki
10:10−10:30 US Legal Risk Management
Sari Laitinen, US Legal Counsel, Juris Doctor (USA)
10:30−11:00 Keys for success in the United States
Moderator of the company panel discussion: Ambassador Juha Markkanen.
Companies with experience from the U.S market will share their lessons learned and tell what to take into consideration when planning market entry.
Questions for companies are:
- How would you describe your path to the U.S market?
- Which actions have been successful so far?
- What has surprised you the most?
- What would you do differently in your market entry today?
Participants of the panel:
- Johanna Ikäheimo, Chairman of the Board, Lappset Group Ltd, lappset.com
- Timo Saarenketo, CEO, Roadscanners Oy, roadscanners.com
- Ilkka Länkinen, CEO, SantaPark Arctic World/ Arctic TreeHouse Hotel, arctictreehousehotel.com , www.santaparkarcticworld.com
11:00−11:10 Concluding words
Timo Rautajoki, CEO and President of Lapland Chamber of Commerce
11:10−11.45 Networking and discussion
There will be tables for:
- US Embassy
- Team Finland representatives: BF and Juha Markkanen
- ELY-Center: Team Finland-services, networks and finance, Tytteli Karvonen-Juntura
- Lapland Chamber of Commerce: Business networks, Elsi Malkki
- Sari Laitinen US Legal Counsel, Juris Doctor (USA)
The event is free of charge. Please, register for the event latest on September 6th, 2019 from the following link: https://www.lyyti.fi/reg/Team_Finland_Roadshow